Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 11, Delirium

 If I ever start talking deliriously that I am going to sail between  NZ and anywhere or back from anywhere to NZ, please remind me of all the misery we have experienced on such a passage.  We had a beautiful departure with Marilyn (person who introduced Barry and me on a blind date) and Sam helping us out of the slip and again at the fuel dock. The rain had gone, the tide was slack and the wind nil. Then for the last 24 hours we have been in a front with gales.  Barry was in the cockpit fixing the Monitor windvane and I was watching when suddenly he was doused with a firehose full of sea water from a giant wave hitting the side of the boat.  When he came aboard to take his foul weather off 10 buckets of water came out of his foulies.  Most absorbed by our throw rugs. I got seasick for about 12 hrs in spite of patch.
Now: sun, steady strong wind, boat flat and comfortable.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment