Sunday, May 26, 2013

Safe and sound

Sunday, 5:15 pm our time, anchor down and set. Volcano spewing, ashes in eyes and teeth, island as a whole steaming. Rain of various sorts all day and still cloudy but no rain now. Some Aneityum mosquitos sailed away with us and when we let our guard down (read took our clothes off) they bit me. Lynne 3 bites, Barry none. I think I'll do a happy dance. Maybe eat marshmellows for dinner. Or apples and peanut butter. What's your vote?

There are 2 catamarans in this little shallow anchorage, flat as can be, and 1 small red monohull pitching and rolling terribly. We are rolling a bit but my hero has a roll damper which he is deploying.

I am debating as to whether I should risk my life going up to the rim of this volcano to look in. A once in a lifetime experience they say. On the other hand my grandchildren need a gramma. How do you vote? Barry is going. That's one reason he came here. That, and hoping to get a big namba.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment