Monday, June 18, 2012

June 15

Friday, 15 June 2012  We arrive at the dinghy dock at 8 AM with our two empty 5 gallon diesel jugs.  By 10 AM, we have 50 gallons of duty-free fuel on our deck.  However, we have to make another trip to the gas station with a third form that they need to have a copy of for the duty-free fuel.  It is a race to get the 40 gallons of fuel in the borrowed jugs into our tanks.  I decide to use a drill motor operated pump to transfer the fuel from the jugs to our strainer funnel and into the tanks.  But first, I have to go through our assorted pieces of hose to find suitable inlet and outlet hoses.  Fortunately, I have the hose I need.  I sit out in the hot sun transferring fuel.  The new system works well at first, then the pump starts leaking and one of the impeller blades break off and partially plugs the outlet port.  Will this be a one use pump?  By 11:45, the borrowed jugs are empty and it is a race to the dock to return the borrowed jugs before they close at 12 for lunch.  After lunch, I transfer the 10 gallons in our jugs to our tanks and make another trip to the gas station for 10 more gallons.  By the end of the day, our tanks are nearly full to the brim and I am exhausted and sun-baked.  "Yes, we have some gazole!  We have some gazole today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment