Sunday, June 17, 2012

Watermaker is working again

Hot dog!  The watermaker ran normally when we turned it back on last night.  I read the troubleshooting guide and determined that it must be a clogged intake.  In fact, when we were in Fiji, many people had trouble with sea snakes getting in their intake holes.  So my theory is that the sea snake I couldn't find took a liking to our sea water intake and when we left Tahuata it bailed.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Do you have a better explanation?  Anyway, it would be inconvenient, to put it mildly, to do without a watermaker. It would involve schlepping water from town spigots, purifying it, carefully pouring it into our tanks on a rolling boat. Washing with saltwater. We'd have to skip most of the Tuamotus which are dry islands. (The few resorts in the Tuamotus use desalinators and the rest of the population uses cisterns filled with rainwater collected off their roofs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment