Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 4 of the voyage


Laysan albatross
Turns out Monty doesn't work as precisely as Will but we love him anyway and he's still on the job.  The wind is down to 10-15 knots (k) and our speed has diminished to 5-6k.The swell is only 12 feet every 20 seconds.  So we just silently waft along in a smooth and trouble free manner. The Balmar alternator regulator expired but Barry installs the spare. That's why I stick with my dude. Right now he's talking to me about over-volting batteries & amps, etc. which I can't repeat because I don't have circuits in my brain for handling such info.  Since the stalking boat off the Mexican border there has been nobody, nothing, nada except a shearwater and a Laysan albatross  who stuck around because our boat stirs up the water & maybe tasty tidbits too.  Big Deal: while Barry was napping, I saw a blip/ship on the radar out 17 miles.  Not visible with the naked eye.  When Sientje gets back, lavish her with praises for the delish food!  Patti & Gene, your treats are so appreciated. The weatherfax is putting out crisp clean images .Having the weather router is extremely helpful when Dallas Raines is unavailable and there are no gorgeous moving weather images over the Internet to access. Brad & Debra, please ask Skip to find Voice of America  VOA  hertz & schedule for our area any time and send to are email which Sheryl will check. If world has come to an end or anything, please tell Sheryl by way of our email and she will relay to us via satellite email. Otherwise, we know nothing because no VOA yet. The Super moon was huge, we watched it rise. Life is very good, peaceful, quiet beautiful on Sunrise


(My mom mentioned she found VOA, but she thinks it is in Vietnamese.  I tried to add a picture of a shearwater for those of you that are not members of Audubon, but apparently there are many kinds of shearwaters - pink footed ones, sooty ones, greater ones and I hate to provide false information.)


(Also, I believe I have been able to add their location so you can track their progress. At the bottom of the post, it says Location: SvSunrise [just above Comments] Click there, then zoom out all the way to the -- and you can see their current location in relation to North America.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment